(Designed for new-comers to the language of music)
This program has been developed as there are still a great number of children who, in this age group, don’t understand the language of music. We have created a fun and intensive music program to allow students to explore all areas of music, sight reading, theory terminology, and instrumentation. This is an intense workshop combining both the Music Matters and Music Express Programs. If students are unsure of what instrument they want to play before this program, they will definitely know at the end.
Students are encouraged to stay with this program until they are confident with the language and world of music, before they pursue private tuition, this will prevent an early burn out if the child oesn’t achieve the musical ability they believe they should be at.
• Be able to play simple three note melodies on all instruments.
• Extend their recorder work to cover songs played within one octave of a major scale. (Common Nursery Rhymes)
• Understand the make up of major scales, and major cords.
• Extend on the musical terms covering all terms required for most music theory exams.
• Extend vocal work to duets, solos and cannons.
• At the conclusion of this program students will be ready and raring to study the instrument of their choice in a private tutoring arrangement. Nursery Notes’ students have been able to cover the first two years of tuition in their first year, as they are not stuck learning the language of music and are therefore able to focus more on the technical skills required for their instrument. Because of this, they have a great satisfaction playing their instrument and will more likely stay with it and not burn out.
Class Sizes – Maximum five students per class
Cost - $19(including GST) per lesson, paid in advance at the start of each term.
Class Duration – 30min
Location – The 7-9yrs Music Fundamentals is only available at Schools and our Studios.
ENROL NOW >>